Home > Sludge treatment > Liming wastewater > Dry matter increase
Why add Neutralac® to sludge treatment?
Main liming sludge performances:
Dry matter increase
Sludge Dewatering is optimized with lime-based reagents and flocculants.
For example, in post liming, a 20% DM sludge which is limed with a 30% CaO rate will have a resulting dry matter of 26%.
In the case of Calci-treatment (pre-liming) the resulting dry matter would be even higher due to the increased dewatering efficiency.
There are numerous interests in liming sludge :
- reducing of the sludge, toward dry matter increase
- stabilization and hygienization of the sludge
- inerting heavy metals present in sludge
- improvement of the sludge characteristics for their disposal or further utilization, such as agriculture recycling, toward: odor reduction, structuring, improvement of their ease of use, and increase of their agronomic value
- improvement of centrates and filtrates quality (N,P)