Home > Sludge treatment > Liming wastewater > Structuring & ease of use
Why add Neutralac® to sludge treatment?
Main liming sludge performances:
Structuring & ease of use
Lime is essential for sludge conditioning:
- first, lime-based reagents largely contribute to the flocculation process for the dewatering step.
- thanks to lime, sludge get a better structure, a better workability and better storage properties.
Dewatered sludge - storage step - Non-limed sludge - limed sludge
There are numerous interests in liming sludge :
- reducing of the sludge, toward dry matter increase
- stabilization and hygienization of the sludge
- inerting heavy metals present in sludge
- improvement of the sludge characteristics for their disposal or further utilization, such as agriculture recycling, toward: odor reduction, structuring, improvement of their ease of use, and increase of their agronomic value
- improvement of centrates and filtrates quality (N,P)