Home > Sludge treatment > Liming wastewater > Odor reduction
Why add Neutralac® to sludge treatment?
Main liming sludge performances:
Lime in sludge treatment allows ionizing sulphur-based volatile compounds. Since only the volatile forms are odorous, liming sludge avoids most of the bad odors.
In general, a liming rate of 30 % CaO is necessary to control bad odors during the storage :
There are numerous interests in liming sludge :
- reducing of the sludge, toward dry matter increase
- stabilization and hygienization of the sludge
- inerting heavy metals present in sludge
- improvement of the sludge characteristics for their disposal or further utilization, such as agriculture recycling, toward: odor reduction, structuring, improvement of their ease of use, and increase of their agronomic value
- improvement of centrates and filtrates quality (N,P)