Home > Solutions & Reagents > Solutions > Sludge treatment
Sludge treatment : liming before dewatering = Calci-treatment®
Benefits of Calci-treatment® :
Liming sludge after dewatering, through what we call Calci-finishing®, provides:
- Odors reduction
- Dry matter increase
- Increase of agronomic value (Ca, Mg)
- Trace metal inerting
But in addition, this process also brings various advantages, such as :
- Reduction of Sludge Volume
- Ease of Use
- Improvement of centrates and filtrates quality
- Reduction of dust emmission
How does it work ?
Calci-treatment is the synergy between a Neutralac® reagent and an adapted polymer to improve the dewatering (evacuate a larger amount of water in the filtrate) and obtain a structured and limed sludge fulfilling the needs of the disposal routes
Easy to implement :
& a viable solution whatever the dewatering equipment
Calci-treatment® additional benefits:
It has been demonstrated that Calci-treatment® can:
- reduce sludge quantities by more than 10 % in the case of belt filter, and around 5% on centrifuge and filter press. This has a direct impact on reducing operating costs associated with sludge re-use and disposal.
- increase the dry solids content of the sludge which gives it a granular structure and improves its pilling behaviour. Thus facilitating storage, transportation and spreading of the sludge.
- stabilize and sanitize sludge using an easy and secure liming equipment. Hence, creating a safe and environmentally friendly sludge treatment solution.
- significantly reduce the total P content of filtrates and centrates
- Sludge treatment: post-liming: Calci-finishing®
- Liquid sludge treatment
- Wastewater treatment